Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
Position: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Network Infrastructure Engineer to join our team as we continue to expand our rapidly growing global network infrastructure.
Responsibilities - What You’ll Do:
- Follow documentation and process that is used in preparation, installation
andwiring of systems Prepareinstall instructions for remoteserver and networking equipment installation and wiring
- Assists remote data center and contractor staff during the course of installation
- Validate successful installations
- Interface with vendors and contractors directly and via ticketing systems
- Pack/unpack computers, network hardware, and other related equipment
- Attend team and vendor meetings to plan and schedule maintenance and repair work
- Server or network equipment component repair and replacement
- Support hardware firmware updates
- Update all hardware Moves/Adds/Changes using software DB
- Work with relevant groups to ensure all equipment is received and documented in a timely manner
- Occasional ability to travel
Qualifications - Your Background:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience with computer networking and Data Center environments
- Organization skills and experience working with ticketing and inventory systems
- Experience with remote Data Center operations
- Knowledge and experience with LINUX/UNIX, and Network equipment and the functions they perform
- Completed MCITP, CCNA CompTIA A+, MCSE/MCSA or related certification classes preferred
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds when needed.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines and changing priorities.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.