Sr. Technical Writer
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
A Senior Technical Writer works with development and product managers, engineers, technical trainers, and other technical writers to craft and refine technical documentation, such as engaging and effective online help articles, help videos, and on screen text. To do this you will build strong working relationships with the cross-functional product development areas of the company. You must have a hands-on approach to the technology and to the products being documented. You will help enhance and expand the current documentation to provide a variety of learning tools for our customers.
- Translate technical information into clear, concise, and effective documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deliver content for online documentation, video tutorials, on screen text (i.e., UI tooltips and labels), and help portal articles
- Integrate graphics and illustrations to improve the quality and usability of the documentation
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs in the Engineering, Field Support, Sales, Training, and Product Marketing groups
- Assist in defining standards, style, and terminology
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, communications, or a related field
- Ability to mentor and influence without authority
- Excellent oral, written, analytic, and organizational skills
- Detail orientated, and able to think and write in context with the target reader or operator
- Self-motivated and effective in a fluid environment
- Must possess creativity and a sense of humor
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in writing online help and knowledge base articles
- Experience in developing video tutorials
- Experience with web-based or mobile products
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.