Senior Software Engineer
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
The Senior Software Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering, India Operations. Zscaler is looking for a JIRA Administration to join our corporate IT team in Bangalore! We host and manage Atlassian applications (JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket) for our internal Business Partners. You will be instrumental in the ongoing support of internal JIRA Workflows and custom fields critical to communication, productivity, and efficiency. We use Confluence as an internal departmental idea clearinghouse. Bitbucket is a new initiative you will spearhead.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Take responsibility of JIRA System Administration for the entire organization
- Be accountable for ongoing support to JIRA Software end-users.
- Responsible for supporting Project Administration and User Management.
- Create and manage complex JIRA workflows (including conditions/validators/post-functions) field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes and automation with ScriptRunner Addon.
- Build reports and dashboards using advanced JQL. Create and modify custom fields in JIRA. Plan and execute major JIRA upgrades as needed.
- Directly interface with employees outside India to gather their requirements or to address their issues.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for integrations with Atlassian Bamboo, SVN, BitBucket, Confluence, Zendesk, PagerDuty, Salesforce, Okta, and other internal applications.
- Perform regular maintenance on the host system, apache reverse proxy and JIRA software, including backups and DR.
- At least 7+ years’ experience in Linux/Unix system administration and MySQL/Postgres databases.
- Hands-on JIRA Core or JIRA Software (Formerly JIRA Agile), and Confluence experience
- Required hands-on experience with Java or Groovy development for JIRA workflow automation or Plugin development using Atlassian SDK.
- Extensive experience with add-ons like ScriptRunner, PowerScript, and JSU is preferred
- Shell / Bash / Perl scripting experience.
- Experience using/extending REST services provided by Atlassian
- Ability to create complex JIRA workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to independently work with remote employees outside India, to serve their requirements.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent process implementation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, CS, MIS, or related field
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.