Principal Cloud Engineer
Position: Principal Cloud Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA / San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
As a Principal Cloud Engineer, you are a critical part of our cloud platform engineering organization. You act as their day-to-day contact, establishing relationships with them, you will lead teams to plan, analyze, design, build, test and deploy Cloudneeti platform infrastructures. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the designing of systems to support customer needs and you will contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor team members and customers. And, you might also be involved in the solution selling of Zscaler CSPM solutions, proposal development, change requirements, some marketing/PR initiatives, and developing customer relationships and analyzing the customer's business as well as some Delivery Solutioning.
- Have experience in building and shipping cloud services.
- Make clear, simple, and technically sound design decisions in collaboration with other members, including evaluating and articulating the advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Be the go-to technical resource for technical evaluations and be the first line representation for our technical capabilities in key presentations and meetings.
- Collaborate closely with other Product Management/Engineers/Customer Success Managers in the broader team to further our growth and strategy.
- Provide design consulting, capacity planning and implementation plan reviews before cloud workloads are deployed.
- Ensure cloud designs scale automatically.
- Establish and maintain architectural standards that enable DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code and automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Participate and provide feedback for load testing.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting for the critical metrics within an implemented workload.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: IaaS, PaaS, services, applications, network, and security.
- Support On-Call for operational issues and customer engagements.
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery roadblocks, risks, issues, and challenges.
- Create and maintain best practices for high quality product engineering, development best practices and conduct architectural reviews.
- Assist application solution architectures design scalable, highly available secure application solutions that leverage cloud services.
- Stay abreast of upcoming technical trends and internal roadmaps
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communication.
- Must have 5 years of experience in design and implementation of Azure/AWS Cloud systems
- Minimum of 8 years of architecture experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience supporting multi-tier web applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience handling workloads in large-scale environments.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working exclusively designing and implementing cloud native workloads.
- Have previous experience with serverless technologies such as Azure Functions and AWS Lambda.
- Have previous experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Have previous experience with building and managing multi-tenant applications.
- Have previous experience with building and managing large-scale datastores like Azure CosmosDB, Azure Blobs, AWS S3 bucket.
- Hands-on experience in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Have recent experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps deployments.
- Hands-on experience writing automation in PowerShell, shell scripts, or CLI’s.
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert OR AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (Professional Only)
- Have previous experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Hands-on experience working Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Have passed one or more Azure certification exams.
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.