Product Marketing Manager
*** Bay Area local candidates only. Relocation is not included. Thanks! ***
Position: Product Marketing Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
Cloud adoption and user mobility have created a mega-shift that’s disrupting 30 years of networking and security technology. At Zscaler our mission to redefine network security and enable secure cloud migration for our customers including companies like Siemens, Schneider Electric, General Electric, Office Depot and Michelin.
We are a pioneer and leader in cloud security and have been recognized by Gartner 8 years in a row and recently became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018.
Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) is one half of the Zscaler Cloud platform and is the company’s fastest growing product line in its history. Developed just over two years ago by Zscaler’s Emerging Technology division, ZPA is a fully software-defined security solution that provides zero trust access to internal applications running in private cloud, public cloud and the datacenter. A game-changing approach to security.
This role will report into the Head of Product Marketing for Zscaler Private Access and will be responsible for driving product marketing for some of its key use cases and work closely with technology partners like AT&T, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services and Google.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Product Positioning and Messaging– Drive go to market strategy and key messaging for key Zscaler Private Access uses cases based on relevant personas
- Market intelligence– Be an expert on your target audience, understand their challenges and goals of relevant personas; be an expert on your competition and how to outcompete them.
- Sales enablement– Enable the Zscaler Sales organization to effectively communicate the value of ZPA to customers and develop sales tools that can be used to increase sales productivity
- Content creation– Collaborate closely with the demand generation team to determine necessary content and work with both internal and external writers to develop a content strategy
- Measurement– Help set, track, and drive key business metrics for our ZPA product line, including target lead numbers to support revenue targets
- Evangelist– Craft and deliver compelling presentations for in-person events and webinars, represent ZPA at industry events and user groups
- Thought leadership- Be an external (and internal) thought leader for ZPA, contributing regularly on the company’s corporate blog and other external media outlets
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in product or partner marketing; experience marketing B2B technology products is a plus
- Self-starter mentality who is not afraid to try and fail
- Strong written, oral, and visual communicator.
- Proven ability to develop and execute on creative marketing programs
- Industry experience in security, Software as a Service, cloud, and/or networking is desirable.
- Ability to travel <25% for customer events, conferences, etc.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- The fast pace and thrill of working for a true Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Be at the epicenter of what will become the new status quo for enterprise security
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.