Director, Alliances & Channel ~ Public Sector
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 9 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Sales Culture
Winning Technology and Products -We offer the best technology and products for the cloud first world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our 20B + TAM by releasing new products every year.
Investing in People – A well-funded and world-class Sales Strategy and Enablement Team to help you succeed. Sales process, practical methods and training to help you ramp faster and close larger deals as companies accelerate their move to the cloud.
Supportive Leadership – An industry leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that well help you succeed quickly, while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to work with existing Zscaler Alliances and Channel partners in the Public Sector industry (includes Federal and State & Local), developing new business and expanding existing relationships. You will have the opportunity to leverage leadership, motivational and strategic business skills to make an impact and help customers enable secure transformation to the cloud. The ideal candidate will have significant experience generating new enterprise business through alliances and channel partners and growing the Reseller / VAR partner ecosystem. This is your opportunity to join a red hot, fast growing, market leading, cloud security company. If you want to experience explosive growth and be given the responsibility and challenge to impact a company’s success, this is the opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Americas Alliances & Channels Leader, success will be accomplished by establishing professional working relationships with the Zscaler sales teams, the alliance and channel partners and Zscaler Professional Services, Marketing and Support teams and by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of prospects and customers within the Partners’ respective fields of specialty and expertise.
Additionally, this role has direct responsibility for:
- Developing the Americas Public Sector sales strategy including defining the indirect sales via alliances & channel.
- Building the channel infrastructure at Zscaler includes areas such as:
- Defining levels of partners
- Aligning cross functional on sales-oriented activities, including marketing (field and electronic), internal channel structure, sales, promotions, shows, and coordination of training, relating to partners.
- Establishing and implementing process, criteria, and controls for selection, management, and performance of alliance & channel partners including regular reviews of contractual obligations with partners and compliance with Zscaler policies, procedures, and ethical standards.
- Manage the normal PO process from partners in region.
- Defining specific sales plans with individual Alliance & Channel partners and new business opportunities.
- Promoting the development of new sales opportunities with each partner
- Working with Zscaler sales executives to leverage external partners to deliver longer-term and solution sales.
- Oversee continuous improvement and action plans with the partners and monitor ongoing SLA conformance.
- For strategic Alliance & Channel partners oversee & participate in regional QBR’s.
- Leading a team of Channel Alliance Managers including hiring, career development, coaching, evaluation, and promotion decisions.
- Driving organizational, operational, staffing, financial, quality and customer satisfaction targets are consistently met or exceeded by Partners. Includes creating and monitoring KPI’s for each partner on a regular interval.
- Work with VP WW Alliances & Channels on strategy for AMS region & Director of Sales Operations to monitor Partner Program, as well as implement strategy from the Global Alliance team.
Will be an integral part of the Alliance & Channel Leadership team along with Director of Alliances & Channels for EMEA, APJ, WW Director of Sales Operations Alliances & Channels.
- Experience building and running a Public Sector (including Federal and SLED) channel program that included the entire eco-system (VAR, SP, FSI)
- Experience working with channel partners on partner enablement, GTM strategies, and Account Reviews.
- Experience with born in the cloud partners is preferred
- Relationships with national security resellers desired
- Must be willing to travel throughout the U.S. including attendance at all business reviews and ad hoc meetings.
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes and exemplifies the highest levels of teamwork, personal accountability, and mutual support to the Partner.
- Service Provider and System Integrator experience preferred (AT&T, Verizon, BT, Accenture, Deloitte, IBM, DXC Technologies)
- Prior experience with network transformation technologies and any past history working in early stage technology start-ups.
- Superb organizational skills and demonstrated history outlining and establishing sales strategies.
BS or BA degree Required
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.