Staff Software Engineer, Automation
Position: Staff Software Engineer, Automation
Location: Burnaby, BC Canada
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will help in improving the ability of developers to rapidly add new test cases to the battery of tests that would help in improving code coverage and confidence level of software before it goes to deployment. A successful candidate for this position will demonstrate strong technical skills in developing automation test framework and help improve feature velocity, quality and stability of the entire Zscaler's cloud.
- Cloud level continuous integration
- Design building blocks of test process
- Work with module teams to define inter-module communication points and improve testability
- Provide feedback, suggestions and best practices to improve quality practices across the entire engineering team
- Prioritize time-consuming tests, refactor and run reduced test suites where applicable
- Build and maintain common development test infrastructure including continuous integration and automated build validation
- Create scripts to automate end-to-end monitoring of cloud components and functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 10+ yrs of experience as a developer, SDET or QA automation Engineer.
- A working understanding of code and script (C, C++, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux/FreeBSD System is required.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience to design and develop automation infrastructure for system, solution and scale testing
- Develop and Deploy Unit Test Framework Infrastructure and aid team to achieve efficient CI functionality.
- Familiar with Subversion, Git, Jira tools.
- Experience in using Build and test automation tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Handle code deployments in all the environments
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Debugging/troubleshooting experience on performance and memory.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.