Director, Data Strategy and Execution
Title: Director, Data Strategy and Execution
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler wants to build a data platform that can serve as the single source of truth for all data and reporting needs of its cross functional business teams ( Leads to Cash). Our ideal candidate will be someone with a strong vision for Data Initiatives: The candidate will be responsible for Designing and implementing Zscaler’s Business Data / Analytics strategy and roadmap.
Who You Are
- A passion for building a world-class team around delivering the cross-functional data needs at Zscaler
- Strong customer focus and the ability to communicate complex or challenging messages effectively to a variety of audiences
- Enable Cross-functional teams to leverage Data and Analytics Tools to understand the state of the business and make key decisions
15+ years of experience with data initiatives as the focus area in the last 10 years, specifically BI Architecture & Data Warehousing.
- Demonstrated excellence in Business Intelligence and Data Engineering
- Deep technical expertise in Data warehousing, Analytics and related technology.
- Built and managed Data warehouse and Analytics platforms for multiple enterprises in your career
- Willingness to be hands-on be deeply invested in delivering outcomes.
- Experience managing a broad and diverse set of stakeholders, setting expectations with stakeholders and working collaboratively at multiple levels of the organization to get things done.
- The ability to articulate a compelling vision for the future of data at Zscaler and the skills to guide the team to execute on this vision.
- Expert communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong people management.
- Experience working with distributed teams or team members, ideally across multiple time zones.
- Ability to instill a customer-focused mindset, ensuring that business outcomes are understood and validating hypotheses before building.
- Build and lead a lean, highly effective organization, making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.