Staff Automation Software Engineer
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer, Automation
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud securely.
We are looking for an Automation expert who can architect and build an Automation framework from scratch that will result in optimum Continuous Integration functionality and help hasten the release velocity. In this role, you will be working on a state of the art Cloud Security platform with some of the brightest engineers on the planet.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
- You will develop tools and test suites that will help developers test their code not just for regressions but also for identifying soft spots and potential issues in their modules.
- You will work with the Engineering leads to integrate the process of test automation into project planning and execution.
- You will work closely with the developers to improve our release velocity, feature and code coverage by implementing the required test harnesses.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and architect automation solutions for new features.
- You need to mentor junior members of the team to help ramp them up on the automation effort.
- 10+ yrs of experience as a developer, SDET or QA automation Engineer.
- Prior experience designing and developing large scale Unit test frameworks to help teams achieve efficient CI functionality.
- In-depth understanding of code and scripting in Python; C/C++ knowledge a plus
- Experience to design and develop automation infrastructure for system, solution and scale testing
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux/FreeBSD System is required.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- Familiar with Subversion, Git, Jira tools.
- Experience in using Build and test automation tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Handle code deployments in all the environments
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Debugging/troubleshooting experience on performance and memory.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.