Senior Software Engineer – QA Automation
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Senior Software Engineer, QA
Location: Pune, India
Zscaler is looking for an experienced and agile Senior Automation Engineer that has a unique combination of skills. The ideal candidate will play a key role in the software development lifecycle and will be responsible for improving overall quality assurance outcomes by applying problem-solving skills, QA best practices and various tools.
The Senior Software Engineer, QA will be working with the CSPM Engineering and QA team to design and develop expendable test automation solutions involving functional UI, API, scale, performance, and load testing. The role will be responsible for defining automation testing best practices. In this role you will look holistically across our architecture to help us design and develop scalable test infrastructure and tools to enable developers to efficiently test their changes and assure that the product overall corresponds with business requirements.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- A hands-on engineer who will lead the design, architecture and implementation of QA Automation Framework for a .NET based micro services application deployed on the cloud
- Design the automation strategy to integrate with CI/CD pipeline for both continuous integration/testing and continuous delivery
- Define the automation methodologies, strategies, standards and best practices for automation processes
- Lead the evaluation of new and emerging trends in automation and assisting in the development of estimates for proposals and projects associated with the QA automation platform
- Define the metrics such as code coverage etc. to measure technical and operational success and constantly track such metrics to constantly improve the QA process
- Design & develop test plan and test Zscaler CSPM Platform including clear separation of performance, functional, integration, regression, exploratory tests to ensure application quality.
- Lead a team to automate end to end user flow for Zscaler CSPM Platform by using tools and technologies suited for the software being developed.
- Engage in test case execution including defect documentation and tracking, resolution support, and fix verification
- Build, maintain and enhance automation artifacts leveraging frameworks such as Selenium C#, NUnit, SpecFlow, Gauge, Moq, dotCover, SonarQube
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues with Zscaler CSPM Platform
- Review product specifications and write the test case, develop test plans for assigned areas
- Identifies issues and technical interdependencies and suggest possible solutions
- Assist in the development and delivery of training to cross-functional teams
- Follow an agile software development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support.
- Recreate complex customer and production reported issues to determine root cause and verify the fix
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Test Automation Engineer in a product based company
- Demonstrable experience of testing within Web Technologies and/or API-related space
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Automation and Orchestration technologies such as: Terraform / AWS CloudFormation / Azure ARM Templates
- Possess in-depth knowledge of multiple open source/commercial tools for Web test automation (QTP/ UFT, Selenium, Test Complete, Coded UI, Tosca etc.)
- Sound understanding of agile and DevOps methodologies, concepts
- Having competencies around DevOps, Continuous Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Code coverage measurement
- Experienced in automation framework design and develop from scratch & test automation.
- Good experience with load/stress testing
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments. Knowledge of containerized environments is a plus.
- User flow automation using frameworks such as Selenium (java/js/python) etc
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Performance Testing Experience on large scale cloud infrastructure is a plus.
An expert on at least two of the following:
- Selenium (Web Driver suite of tools, Auto It)
- MS suite of tools (c#, coded UI, VSTS
- Web API automation (SOAP / REST) using Java, C#, SOAPUI with Groovy, UFT, POSTMAN
- UFT & or LeanFT
- Database Testing using No SQL DBs, SQL and C#, Java and JDBC, Python and PyTest
- Ability/Willingness to solve common repeated tasks using scripting languages like python, bash etc
Certifications [any of these or more]:
- AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- AWS Certified Foundational
- AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.