Project Manager - Data Center Deployments
Position: Project Manager - Data Center Deployments
Location: San Jose, CA
At Zscaler we believe security should be delivered in the cloud. Zscaler's cloud-delivered services securely connect users to their applications and cloud services, regardless of device, location, or network, while providing comprehensive threat prevention and a fast user experience. All without the need for costly, complex gateway appliances.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network.
Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security!
We are seeking a detail oriented Project Manager to join our world-class Cloud Operations team at our corporate headquarters in San Jose, California. As a Zscaler Cloud Ops Platform Project Manager you will work to support leadership in all aspects of management related to the Platform, with a specific focus on the technical aspects.
The ideal candidate should possess a unique blend of Telecommunications and Data Center knowledge, business analysis capabilities, project management, vendor management and process improvement skills. This position requires previous hands-on experience and the ability to multitask; handle multiple, complex, short/long term projects simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate and establish effective relationships with key partners across functional areas; help drive platform requirements with vendors, keep deliverables on track, craft, maintain and report program/project status updates via dashboards and metrics
- Review and provide oversight on complex contractual agreements; works with vendors and contracts team to negotiate key terms, expiration dates, amendments, financial impact and analysis.
- Work closely with Data Center providers to submit cross connects and other requests related to the Data Center, maintain accurate documentation related to the Platform.
- Ensure compliance with corporate financial controls and internal reporting requirements.
- Act as a point of contact with vendor representatives and develop relationships with supplier representatives to ensure supplier commitment to key programs/projects
- Manage, direct and coordinate the activities of internal or contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services or performing work for the deployment projects.
- Utilize Operation information systems and update them regularly. Effectively use project management tools (spreadsheets, dashboards, etc)
- Assist and support Operations Program Management team in operations program management cycles
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management or Business
- 5-7 years of business analysis/project management experience; preferably within cloud or Telecommunications and or data center technologies
- Expert level knowledge of rack, cage, MMR, electrical distribution, cabling standards and network device deployments within Colocation or Hosting industry
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, Self-driven and motivated to learn
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A history of leading and supporting successful Data Center projects.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.