Director of Pricing
Position: Director of Pricing
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Product Management, the Director of Pricing is responsible overall pricing models, analysis and processes for all products at Zscaler. In this highly collaborative role, this person will work across product marketing teams to determine pricing strategy and plans as we launch new products. In addition, this person will work with product management and business operations teams to implement pricing changes within the product and in business systems. Finally, the pricing leader will maintain and drive a pricing roadmap.
As Zscaler rapidly grows into new markets, this role is critical to our success. The successful candidate in this role will have a combination of skills across business strategy, analytics, project management, communication and collaboration.
- Collaborate with leaders in sales, marketing, and product organizations to craft new business models, define monetization strategies for new products and optimize existing pricing and packaging.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative primary research.
- Provide well-reasoned pricing change recommendations to product marketing leaders and the executive team.
- Drive cross-sell and up-sell opportunities through pricing strategies and bundling.
- Lead pricing changes from approval by the pricing committee through to implementation.
- Define and evaluate Key Performance Indicators to track pricing performance and enable continuous improvements.
- Maintain official pricing documentation.
- Provide in-deal support to the sales team to assist in strategic opportunities and support ramping new sales team members.
- Build pricing training content for the sales team and train sales on how to approach pricing conversations with customers.
- At least 10 years of hands-on working experience in strategy consulting, product management, product marketing or corporate strategy, ideally at a SaaS or enterprise software company
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to drive complex, cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement
- Must be a "self-starter" with a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Finance, Marketing, Business or equivalent; with MBA preferred
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.