Director, Alliances & Channels ~ East
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 12M employees.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to work with existing Zscaler Alliances and Channel partners in the Americas, developing new business and expanding existing relationships for the Northeast Region of the Americas & Canada. You will have the opportunity to leverage leadership, motivational and strategic business skills to make an impact and help customers enable secure transformation to the cloud. The ideal candidate will have significant experience generating new enterprise business through alliances and channel partners and growing the Reseller / VAR partner ecosystem. This is your opportunity to join a red hot, fast growing, market leading, cloud security company. If you want to experience explosive growth and be given the responsibility and challenge to impact a company’s success, this is the opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Americas Alliances & Channels Leader, success will be accomplished by establishing professional working relationships with the Zscaler sales teams, the alliance and channel partners and Zscaler Professional Services, Marketing and Support teams and by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of prospects and customers within the Partners’ respective fields of specialty and expertise. We are looking for a channel leader who has a direct sales background, the ability to scale our channel business by teaching Zscaler’s systematic channel system, and most importantly, the ability to create future leaders.
Additionally, this role has direct responsibility for:
- Leading team of Channel Account Managers (CAMs) for Northeast USA & Canada. This includes hiring, career development, coaching, evaluation, and promotion decisions
- Developing product and sales competency within our core set of regional & national partners, systems integrators (SI’s) & service providers (SP’s)
- Generate Pipeline revenue by driving joint go-to-market (GTM) planning & activity with Channel partner leadership, partner sales executives, and Zscaler’s sales organization.
- Establishing and implementing selection process, criteria, and controls for selection, management, and performance of alliance & channel partners including regular reviews of contractual obligations with partners and compliance with Zscaler policies, procedures, and ethical standards
- Influencing partner GTM and sales strategy in alignment with Zscaler’s “CLOSE framework” to drive registered (sourced, teaming) pipeline & closed/won new logos
- Creating executive champions, leading to creation of sales buy-in in regional areas
- Driving organizational, operational, staffing, financial, quality and customer satisfaction targets are consistently met or exceeded by partners. Monitoring KPI’s for each partner on a regular interval
- Develop relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders including practice build architecture (sales engineering), product marketing, channel operations, field marketing, technical alliances, finance, operations to drive best in class execution for Zscaler’s partner community
- Drive the development of technical pre-sales & post-sales practices within each focus partner
- Oversee & participate in regional QBR’s for & partner sales team
- Be an integral part of the Americas Channel & Sales Leadership team, along with Director of Channels West, Director of Channels South, and Manager of Partner Operations.
- 5+ years direct sales experience. Must have achieved quota in all 5+ years
- 2+ years experience leading channel and/or sales team and achieving quota
- Demonstrated success leveraging 3rd-party companies to achieve quota
- Solution-selling experience (vs. product-centric sales)
- Superb organizational skills and demonstrated history outlining and establishing sales strategies.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to travel throughout the U.S. including attendance at all business reviews and mtgs (post COVID-19)
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes and exemplifies the highest levels of teamwork, personal accountability, and mutual support to the Partner.
- Experience with national security & networking resellers required
- Service Provider and System Integrator experience desired
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes and exemplifies the highest levels of teamwork, personal accountability, integrity, respect and mutual support to the Partner.
- 5+ years of channel management preferred but not required
- Experience with progressive, born-in-the-cloud partners is preferred
- Relationships with national security & network VARs desired
- Service Provider and System Integrator experience desirable, but not required
- Prior working experience in metric-driven, MEDDIC-based sales organizations
- Prior experience working in growth stage technology companies
BS or BA degree Required
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn