Director, Sales Engineering
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Director, Sales Engineering
Location: Sydney, Australia
We're looking for an exceptional Sales Engineering Director, with a proven track record of leading and growing a Sales Engineering organization. As a second-level leader, this individual will align closely with sales account teams, product management, and engineering to help close deals, and execute strategic solutions for customers and partners. We need a seasoned pre-sales professional with technical and management skills and experience building and growing a sales engineering function in a high-growth environment.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Lead, mentor, recruit and develop the enterprise sales engineering team in the APJ.
- Refine and scale core sales engineering processes such as discovery, technical qualification, and proof-of-concept.
- Develop solution and customer proposals.
- Develop and deliver product and solution demonstrations.
- Work with sales management and clients to design, create and present business solutions to improve client revenue growth.
- Assist in the development of account plans for larger clients.
- Provide advice and support response to RFP's.
- Present recommendations and associated benefits to clients.
- Promote platform solutions at conferences, forums, and seminars.
- Participate in regional industry events/organizations as a thought leader.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas to ensure solutions are implemented and supported in line with client expectations.
- Provide input on product development or enhancements to existing products to product management function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in sales engineering
- 5+ years managing an Americas team
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web related technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/IPsec, VPN’s, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
- Demonstrated success working with Fortune 1000 companies
- Previous experience building/growing a world-class sales engineering function
- Strong customer relationship and people skills as well as strong written communications and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated inspirational leadership experience required
- Passion about security technology and building a company
- Drive and ability to influence technical decision-makers and executives
- Ability to travel frequently
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.