Channel Account Manager - Japan
Position: Channel Account Manager - Japan
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
The Channel Account Manager - Japan will report to the Director, Alliances
We are seeking a candidate with a depth of experience and knowledge of working with SP/MSP's to further drive and expand Zscaler's MSP partner base.
This is a key position within the Zscaler sales team, and you must be able to work in a cooperative manner with the Zscaler teams and assist in providing initial customer contacts and growing the overall territory revenue through partnerships.
The Zscaler sales team is comprised of smart and tenacious people who are passionate about our vision of a secure, cloud-enabled digital future. By using their talent to share that vision, Zscaler sales teams are bringing the power and agility of cloud transformation to organizations around the world. Be a part of it!
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the development and enablement of Japanese Service Providers (SP's) and established Value Added Resellers.
- Be fluent in both Japanese & English (written and spoken).
- Responsible for over achievement of quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Ability to work in a flat hierarchy/start-up environment, delivering results with little supervision.
- Responsible for development (including translation) of Channel enablement content, including Zscaler training and multimedia content.
- Responsible for the overall growth, health, and revenue of the value-added reseller Partner community.
- Enablement of the SP's marketing, pre-sales, sales, post-sales, and support to ensure self-sufficiency building pipeline, running opportunities to closure, implementation
- Directly responsible for Partner Registered Opportunities. Will work with the Partner and Zscaler field reps to develop and close each Partner Sourced opportunity.
- Responsible for recruitment, training and certification, and engagement of Partners.
- Working with the value-added resellers, Regional Sales Director, Regional Sales Manager (reps) and Sales Engineers to develop and implement specific partner account plans.
- Understand and be fluent in the delivery of the Zscaler vision and value proposition
- Will spend 25% of the time "teaching the partners how to fish" by going on end-user sales calls with the partner.
- Leverage Sales Engineers on opportunities that require additional depth and technical understanding.
- Lead selected Partners in end-user sales development, including sales cycle management with partners.
- Initiate and develop a territory plan with matrixed sales organizations to ensure a consistent cadence between Zscaler field sales and Partners
- Provide partner feedback to Channel Director and Zscaler direct sales leadership.
- Track Partner opportunities in Salesforce.com and forecast weekly.
- Work with channel marketing and the value-added reseller to develop demand generation campaigns.
- Extensive experience partnering with SP/MSP's. Additional VAR/SI experience desirable.
- Prior experience selling Internet solutions and a working knowledge of web-based security and network infrastructure with the ability to articulate these technologies to customers.
- Prior experience developing a channel for network security &/or cloud technologies, including but not limited to Security Proxies and Caches, SSL/IPSec VPNs, and Firewalls.
- Able to travel throughout the assigned region.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated & organized
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Enterprise/Channel sales experience with and actionable
rolodexof decision makers.
- Experience working with SI/SP partners a thorough understanding of this goes to market approach.
- Superb organizational skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance.
- Prior experience with smaller, growing companies.
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Organisation
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.