Software QA Engineer, Cloud
Position: Software QA Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
As part of Cloud Quality and Reliability team you will be responsible for the functional and system testing of various features and solution of the Zscaler cloud, including:
- Design & develop test plans for Zscaler software products and solutions.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues within Zscaler products running on Unix systems (can be 50/50 - Automated/Manual testing)
- Solve problems and establish plans and provide technical consultation in the design, development and test effort of Zscaler engineering projects
- Review product specifications and write the test case, develop test plans for assigned areas
- Identifies issues and technical interdependencies and suggest possible solutions
- Assist in development and delivery of training to cross-functional teams
- Recreate complex customer and production reported issues in Lab
- Responsible for coming up with the requirements for the Zscaler Cloud Service Monitors and automating them
- 3+ years of experience in testing within Networking and/or Security space
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, Networking, Firewalls and IPS systems.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS,DNS & SSL
- Testing Experience of Proxy, Firewall, or Load Balancer would be desirable
- Automation development skills in Python
- Very good debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Hands on & passionate about quality and willing to collaborate with multiple teams for testing
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.