Principal Engineer (Java/API)
Position: Principal Engineer (Java/API)
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Take end-to-end ownership of the design and implementation of core product functionality and key technical initiatives
- Become a key decision-maker for all things related to product architecture
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Play well with others!
- Be a great teammate and help us maintain our positive culture
- Should have a minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in application development using Java.Experience with designing and implementing enterprise-grade Security or Networking product
- Expert-level technical knowledge: Enterprise Java, OOP, OOA, systems architecture and RESTful APIs, and related frameworks, relational and NoSQL databases, CI/CD (tools and processes)
- Development experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database (fluent with SQL programming, Stored Procedures).
- Hands-on experience architecting and supporting highly scalable cloud-based solutions
- Hands-on experience creating and optimizing scalable REST applications for a public cloud.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Knowledge on Security, Authentication/Authorization and encryption best practices
- A detail-oriented and highly organized person with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and parallel projects
- Strong team leadership skills, including the ability to mentor, motivate and influence others.
- Advanced coding skills in Java, REST APIs.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.