*** Bay Area local candidates only. Relocation is not included. Thanks! ***
Position: Accounting Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
- Act as the subject matter expert for commissions (ASC 606), leases (ASC 842) and internally developed software (ASC 350-40)
- Manage close procedures, including journal entry preparation and review, account reconciliations, flux analysis and financial reporting
- Work closely with business partners (Sales Compensation, Facilities, Legal, Engineering) to address relevant accounting matters and collaborate on projects
- Coordinate with the back-office team in India to support accounting processes
- Assist FP&A in forecasting expenses related to your accounting areas
- Prepare SOX and audit ready schedules to support the 10-Q and 10-K
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement solutions
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including exposure to publicly traded and SaaS companies
- Big 4 public accounting experience is highly desired (at least 3-5 years in a public accounting firm)
- CPA preferred
- Technical accounting experience related to ASC 606, ASC 842 and ASC 350-40, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with software packages NetSuite, Xactly, Leasecalcs, preferred
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.