Product Support Engineer II
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Product Support Engineer II
Location: Chandigarh, India
The Product Support Engineer II will report to the Product Support Manager. The Product Support Engineer II will provide second line phone/email consultation to independently debug complex security/network problems. This role will focus on customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, and innovation in the transformation of highly complex customer networks.
Customer Care department is responsible for providing troubleshooting and advanced technical support services to a wide range of internal and external clients across many industries. We are responsible for keeping our customer's network protected and ensure that their issues are taken care of right from deployment to adding new licenses. Our main objective will be to delight our customers so that we have high retention and upsell opportunities with our clients.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Provide second line phone/email consultation to independently debug complex security/network problems.
- Participate in a 24x7 Support Operation and 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Interface with Engineering and assist the customer with testing or troubleshooting.
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and provide feedback to the
Engineeringand Operations team.
- Create entries in our technical support on-line database to accurately document any incident resolution that is not found in our knowledge base.
- Assist in developing ongoing training programs for the department.
- Promote a team environment by assisting and contributing to fellow Zscaler employees whenever necessary to enhance the professional development of everyone within the organization.
- Ability to mentor other engineers on advanced troubleshooting, debugging and case management skills.
- Understand the product direction and customer use-cases and provide input on product & code changes through all points of the product cycle.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-year experience working as Support Engineer/ Sr. Support Engineer supporting networking or web security products.
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix, and Free BSD.
- Experience troubleshooting network issues and familiarity with the necessary tools. (Ping, Traceroute, MTR etc)
- Expert knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS, etc
- Working knowledge of Apache and IIS Web Server administration
- Working Knowledge of networking and security products and enterprise Network Infrastructure.
- Familiarity with:
o Network Protocol Analyzers (
o Network Security (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS)
o authentication systems such as LDAP, MS AD, etc
o VPN technologies such as IPSec and VPN clients
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.