IT Helpdesk Engineer
Position: IT Helpdesk Engineer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for mobile and cloud-first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access, and Zscaler Private Access create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyber attacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier-grade level– we process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers.
The IT Helpdesk Engineer will report to the Director, IT/ Operations. The Helpdesk/IT Support Engineer will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software, isolates the problem, determination and implement solutions.
Zscaler has spent years building groundbreaking technology that’s improving the security postures of enterprises around the world. And while engineering teams have been building great Zscaler products, our G&A teams have been building Zscaler into a great company. The members of our GA teams have been working together to recruit the right people, create the right culture and environment, and build a solid financial and legal foundation—all of which has brought us to an incredibly exciting stage with a lot of momentum driving us forward. Join us and you, too, will have the opportunity to be a part of the excitement and contribute to Zscaler’s growth and success in meaningful ways.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Helpdesk
- Provide technical assistance and support for all incoming IT Helpdesk request and issues related to computer systems, application, services, software, and hardware either in person or remotely over the phone.
- Follow up and ensure issue has been resolved.
- Write training and instruction manual. Document internal procedures.
- Manage PC/Laptop setup and deployment for new employees with standard hardware, images, and software.
- Provide employee orientation and training.
- Maintain daily performance and monitoring of computer systems.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Computer hardware and Software installation.
- Provide support for the company email system, web/audio conferencing service, and phone system.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Strong background in TCP/IP, IP networking knowledge, i.e. IP subnet, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSH and etc.
- Microsoft Active Directory experience and all Windows networking.
- Microsoft Exchange / GMail, Microsoft Windows OS and Office Applications
- Working with varies server and client hardware platform, i.e. DELL, Lenovo.
- Web/Audio Conferencing, i.e. WebEx, Join.Me
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work on multiple projects and issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX/ESXi, vSphere, vCenter, and VMware Server
- Knowledge of Phone System, VoIP
- Linux OS and basic services i.e. Apache/HTTPD, SSHD, SAMBA
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.