Principal Technical Product Specialist
Position:Principal Technical Product Specialist
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Zscaler product team and have a direct impact on our roadmap. In this role, you will own one or more product areas and lead the design of solutions on Zscaler’s cloud-based Internet Access platform. You will help us meet the requirements of our rapidly growing customer base and be game changers in the security space. You must possess a blend of business and technical skills, have a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality with extreme attention to detail. This role consists of both inbound Product Management responsibilities – working with internal cross functional teams to build and enhance products – as well as outbound responsibilities, interacting with customers, executing go-to-market strategy and supporting sales.
- End-to-end product lifecycle management from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Define, document and prioritize product requirements based on market research and customer feedback.
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA and other Product Managers on development activities.
- Work with Support, Operations, and Sales teams supporting the sale and deployment of your products and features in beta and production.
- Shape and Implement a go-to-market plan for your products in collaboration with the Marketing and Sales teams.
- Working closely with the finance teams, you will need to understand and optimize your product’s financials, revenue and margins.
- Present, advocate and evangelize the company’s solutions in customer meetings and conferences.
- Create market requirements and business cases for new product initiatives or directions, present to our executive team.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering - MBA is a plus.
- 7 + years of experience in product management.
- 3 years security experience required.
- Strong technical foundation in networking and network security technologies (e.g., Secure Web Gateways, Firewalls, DLP, SIEM, CASB, Security Analytics, etc.)
- Experience delivering products as cloud-based services.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – must be able to communicate at a business and technical level with internal teams, customers, partners and executives.
- Leadership, drive, passion and charisma – ability to persuade, sell ideas and lead without authority.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.#LI-MM2