Escalation Support Engineer
*Candidates must have customer-facing experience to be considered for this role*
Escalation Support Engineer (Level III)
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are currently seeking an Escalation Support Engineer (Level 3) to join our growing Customer Care Organization.
In this role you will provide world-class post-sales technical support directly to customers and partners, and manage escalated issues that require the highest levels of technical and communicative attention. This role will work specifically with those accounts which need longer-term support and more frequent check ins.
The Escalation Support Engineer (Level 3) will report to the Escalation Manager.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Hold daily/weekly get-well calls with customers with escalated issues
- Engage with customers on escalated support issues or critical customer situations
- Provide expert systems design, recommendations, and configurations
- Perform in-depth diagnostics and troubleshooting using networking tools
- Assist customers with testing or troubleshooting of networking or cloud service issues
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Maintain ticket database, logging issues and customer interactions
- Become a Zscaler cloud services expert through self-study, company training, and a desire to excel and become an expert
- Travel to customer sites as needed (approx 10%-20%)
- Hours – Weekday shift work, shift may vary, possible on-call
- 5+ years of support experience required
- 5+ years networking experience required
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent advanced industry certifications.
- Proven experience escalating technical customer issues
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Working knowledge of networking and security products and enterprise network infrastructure.
- Zscaler Experience a plus
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and ability to troubleshoot complex networking issues across multiple OSI layers
- Experience with web technologies including HTTP, SSL
- Network Security (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS)
- Authentication systems such as LDAP, MS AD etc
- Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix and Free BSD
- Network troubleshooting experience - Familiarity with tools such as Ping, Traceroute, MTR, and Network Protocol Analyzers such as tcpdump, Wireshark
- Working knowledge of Apache and IIS Web Server administration
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn