Escalation Support Engineer
*Candidates must have customer-facing experience to be considered for this role*
Escalation Support Engineer (Level III)
Location: San Jose, CA
At Zscaler we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that’s disrupting 30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud and mobile-first world.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are enabling the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first world.
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees have built and operate a massive, global cloud security architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 60 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud based security.
We are currently seeking an Escalation Support Engineer (Level 3) to join our growing Customer Care Organization.
In this role you will provide world-class post-sales technical support directly to customers and partners, and manage escalated issues that require the highest levels of technical and communicative attention. This role will work specifically with those accounts which need longer-term support and more frequent check ins.
The Escalation Support Engineer (Level 3) will report to the Escalation Manager.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Hold daily/weekly get-well calls with customers with escalated issues
- Engage with customers on escalated support issues or critical customer situations
- Provide expert systems design, recommendations, and configurations
- Perform in-depth diagnostics and troubleshooting using networking tools
- Assist customers with testing or troubleshooting of networking or cloud service issues
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Maintain ticket database, logging issues and customer interactions
- Become a Zscaler cloud services expert through self-study, company training, and a desire to excel and become an expert
- Travel to customer sites as needed (approx 10%-20%)
- Hours – Weekday shift work, shift may vary, possible on-call
- 5+ years of support experience required
- 5+ years networking experience required
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent advanced industry certifications.
- Proven experience escalating technical customer issues
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Working knowledge of networking and security products and enterprise network infrastructure.
- Zscaler Experience a plus
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Networking Experience - VPN technologies such as IPSec and VPN clients
- Network Security (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS)
- Authentication systems such as LDAP, MS AD etc
- Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix and Free BSD
- Network troubleshooting experience - Familiarity with tools such as Ping, Traceroute, MTR, and Network Protocol Analyzers such as tcpdump, Wireshark
- Working knowledge of Apache and IIS Web Server administration
- Scripting knowledge (SHELL, Python, Perl) – not required, a plus
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn