Network Architect - Cloud Infrastructure
Position: Network Architect - Cloud Infrastructure
Location: San Jose, CA
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
We are currently seeking a Network Architect to join our team.
As a member of our Network Engineering team, your primary responsibility is to help scale our rapidly growing global data center infrastructure. This includes the development and support of our expanding next-generation architecture, enabling high scale growth and increasing stability and performance.
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role
Responsibilities / What You'll Do:
- Partner with business units to best understand the organization’s needs and how it relates to our global network infrastructure and security posturing
- Design and implement new network
- Contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of new data centers and campus locations
- Management of multiple high-visibility, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Thrive in our
world classNetwork Engineering and Information Security team, supporting our 24/7 revenue-generating systems and infrastructure
- Proactively identify gaps, risks
andissues and navigates organizational structure to resolve them
Qualifications / Your Background:
- 10+ years of experience working to support network systems in a high-capacity, high-impact customer facing, critical network infrastructure
- Expert experience with routing protocols, VPN encryption technologies, modern switching platforms, and firewalls including policy implementation and capacity management
- Experience with designing, monitoring, and maintaining enterprise
customer facingproduction services with carrier-grade reliability
- Working knowledge of Juniper, Arista, and Cisco equipment highly desirable
- Proven ability to manage mission-critical, highly visible infrastructure projects to completion.
- Experience with low-level infrastructure testing and troubleshooting tools including packet capture devices, network equipment debug and diagnostics, (Wireshark, NetFlow)
- Understanding of security-policy implementation details and how to manage design and support of network environments to maintain policy integrity
- Participate in site capacity planning and modeling
- Familiarity with UNIX operating systems is desirable
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.