Compliance Analyst (GDPR, ISO, SOC, FedRAMP)
Position: Compliance Analyst
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud based security.
As a Compliance Analyst you will have the opportunity to meaningfully impact how our organization scales by supporting Zscaler’s FedRAMP, ISO, SOC, HIPAA, and GDPR program. Join industry-leading professionals to ensure that our processes, infrastructure, and product are designed, operated, maintained and protected in accordance with this certifications and security standards as it applies to Zscaler. This role reports to the Leader of Compliance function and will work closely with the Engineering, Cloud Operations, Customer Care, Partner Liaisons and Product Management.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- You will be responsible for maintaining Zscaler's FedRAMP, SOC 2 and ISMS aligned with ISO27001 and ISO 27018 certifications
- You will take a hands-on approach while participating in all phases of the development lifecycle and operational rollout with a constant focus on improving process and overall quality in compliance with applicable regulatory and benchmark standards
- You will work closely with Engineering, Operations and Customer Care teams to ensure sustenance of existing compliance posture and new compliance initiatives
- You will proactively maintain awareness of emerging security vulnerabilities and changes to regulatory and compliance standards
- Manage the FedRAMP program plan including helping on risk analysis and mitigation strategies to meet aggressive timelines
- Coordinate with Senior leadership team to ensure long-term product business objectives and compliance programs are aligned
- Track plan of actions and milestones towards implementation
- Proactively track and recommend alternative approaches for risk mitigation
- Establish and ensure the company’s processes are ready to meet initial assessments and are set up for sustainable, long-term operation
- Communicate program updates to executive staff, product leadership as needed
- Assist Zscaler teams in their effort to understand and implement accreditation requirements
- Support ongoing, continuous program efforts by developing and maintaining appropriate information and documentation for compliance with FedRAMP, SOC 2, HIPAA, ISO27001 and ISO 27018 standards
- 3+ years of direct compliance management experience on enterprise products or large enterprise
- Experience in program or project management, auditing, and/or control framework development and implementation
- Experience defining certification roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule
- Proven ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment
- You have been part of a compliance program such as FedRAMP, ISO, SOC 2, HIPAA or similar projects in the last 2 years
- Professional certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred
- Strong understanding of NIST 800-53, Cryptography and Cyber Security Best Practices
- Solid understanding of software development life cycles and methodologies
- A clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- Strong Linux background is a plus
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP) is a plus
- A record of delivery of process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies
- Partners with cross-functional, technically-oriented roles to deliver team goals
- Thinks about creative ways to apply program management best practices to enable teams to operate more efficiently
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, logical and compelling to colleagues at all levels
- Approach challenges with a passion and leverage any and all opportunities to learn
- Thrive in a team environment where collaboration and knowledge sharing are critical to success
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Enjoys solving multifaceted problems with large business impact
- Not satisfied with status quo - always thinking about how it can be done better
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn