Director, Sales Engineering - Central Region
*This role covers the Central Region and must be located in a hub city in the territory: ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH, Western PA, WV, KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, and FL. *TOLA is not currently considered the Central Region.
Director, Sales Engineering - Central Region
At Zscaler we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that’s disrupting 30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud and mobile-first world.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are enabling the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first world.
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees have built and operate a massive, global cloud security architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 60 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud based security.
The Director, Sales Engineering - Central Region reports to the SE Leader of the Americas.
We're looking for an exceptional Director, Sales Engineering to lead and grow our sales engineering organization for the Central Region. You will lead our existing sales engineers and help us grow and strengthen the team. You will align closely with the Regional Sales VP, Area Sales Directors, product management, and engineering to help close deals and execute strategic solutions for customers and partners. We need a seasoned pre-sales leader with a proven track record growing a sales engineering organization.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop the enterprise sales engineering team covering Central Region.
- Refine and scale the core sales engineering processes such as discovery, technical qualification and proof-of-concept.
- Develop solution and customer proposals.
- Develop and deliver product and solution demonstrations.
- Work with sales leadership and clients to design, create and present business solutions to increase client revenue growth.
- Drive the development of account plans for larger clients.
- Provide advice and support response to requests for proposals (RFPs), i.e. present recommendations and associated benefits to clients.
- Promote products and business solutions at conferences, forums, and seminars.
- Participate in regional industry events/organizations as a thought leader.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas to ensure solutions are implemented and supported in-line with client expectations.
- Provide input on product development or enhancements to existing products to product management function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in sales engineering or systems engineering with at least 5 years managing and directing a sales engineering team.
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web related technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/IPsec, VPN’s, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS).
- Demonstrated success working with Fortune 1000 companies.
- Strong customer relationship and people skills as well as strong written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to influence technical decision makers and executives.
- Ability to travel frequently.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.