Director, Sales Engineering - Central Region
Director, Sales Engineering - Central Region
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
The Director, Sales Engineering - Central Region reports to the SE Leader of the Americas.
We're looking for an exceptional Director, Sales Engineering to lead and grow our sales engineering organization for the Central Region. You will lead our existing sales engineers and help us grow and strengthen the team. You will align closely with the Regional Sales VP, Area Sales Directors, product management, and engineering to help close deals and execute strategic solutions for customers and partners. We need a seasoned pre-sales leader with a proven track record growing a sales engineering organization.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop the enterprise sales engineering team covering Central Region.
- Refine and scale the core sales engineering processes such as discovery, technical qualification and proof-of-concept.
- Develop solution and customer proposals.
- Develop and deliver product and solution demonstrations.
- Work with sales leadership and clients to design, create and present business solutions to increase client revenue growth.
- Drive the development of account plans for larger clients.
- Provide advice and support response to requests for proposals (RFPs), i.e. present recommendations and associated benefits to clients.
- Promote products and business solutions at conferences, forums, and seminars.
- Participate in regional industry events/organizations as a thought leader.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas to ensure solutions are implemented and supported in-line with client expectations.
- Provide input on product development or enhancements to existing products to product management function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in sales engineering or systems engineering with at least 5 years managing and directing a sales engineering team.
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web related technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/IPsec, VPN’s, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS).
- Demonstrated success working with Fortune 1000 companies.
- Strong customer relationship and people skills as well as strong written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to influence technical decision makers and executives.
- Ability to travel frequently.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.