Project Manager, Emerging Technology
Position: Project Manager, Emerging Technology
Location: San Jose, CA - USA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 12M employees.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
As a Project Manager for Emerging Technology groups, you will help plan, track, and highlight risks to projects and deliverables. Adhere to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes managing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also coordinate cross-team deliverables and oversee quality control throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage schedules, dependencies, and progress of deliverables for the Development team from beginning to end.
- Track scope, goals, and deliverables that business is tracking in collaboration with senior management and cross-team stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones, deliverables, and highlight risks.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Build, develop, and grow any cross-team relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Work across geographical, time zone and organizational boundaries to drive engineering excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, Master’s preferred.
- 8 years of direct work experience in Program/Engineering Project Management including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a SaaS live production platform environment.
- Solid working knowledge of current networking technologies, with a preference in the networking security space.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Proficiency in working with engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features.
- Ability to read and create technical specs, project/release plans, and roadmaps.
- Power to influence peers/managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity.
What You Can Expect:
- An environment where you will be working on highly regulated industry standards and frameworks supporting both commercial and Federal businesses.
- A fun, passionate, and collaborative workplace.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity.
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform.
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale.
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries.
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio).
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.