Intern - Technical Writer
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Intern - Technical Writer
Location: Bangalore, India
A Technical Writer works with development and product managers, engineers, technical trainers, and other technical writers to craft and refine technical documentation, such as engaging and effective online help articles, help videos, and on-screen text. To do this you will build strong working relationships with the cross-functional product development areas of the company. You must have a hands-on approach to technology and to the products being documented. You will help enhance and expand the current documentation to provide a variety of learning tools for our customers.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Translate technical information into clear, concise, and effective documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deliver content for online documentation, video tutorials, on-screen text (i.e., UI tooltips and labels), and help portal articles
- Integrate graphics and illustrations to improve the quality and usability of the documentation
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs in the Engineering, Field Support, Sales, Training, and Product Marketing groups
- Assist in defining standards, style, and terminology
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, communications, or a related field
- Excellent oral, written, analytic, and organizational skills
- Detail orientated, and able to think and write in context with the target reader or operator
- Self-motivated and effective in a fluid environment
- Must possess creativity and a sense of humor
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in writing online help and knowledgebase articles
- Experience in developing video tutorials
- Experience with web-based or mobile products
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.