Linux Endpoint Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Position: Linux Endpoint Software Engineer
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
- Team is responsible for design and development of smart and breakthrough solutions for secure internet/enterprise connectivity and endpoint security clients on a variety of desktop and mobile platforms: Linux, Windows, MAC, iOS, and Android..
- Design and Development of multi-platform software using latest software development techniques.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements
- Write and execute dev test routines for your modules
- Work with QA to create better test routines, reproduce customer issues and deliver better quality product releases.
- 5+ years software engineering experience with an emphasis in Linux networking application development specially for VPN/Endpoint client type applications
- Strong experience in designing and debugging complex networking features on Linux
- Expertise with C/C++ programming
- Understanding of Layer 3 and higher networking technologies - IP/TCP/HTTP/SSL protocols.
- Strong Network programming and troubleshooting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dealing with interoperability issues is a big plus
- Linux driver development experience
- Experience with Linux UI development, Chrome OS development
- Experience with Windows UI development using C#/.NET technologies is a plus
- Network stack development experience in Linux
- Good understanding of one or more operating systems: Mac, Android, Chrome or iOS is desired.
- Good understanding of security concepts such as PKI and firewall
- Strong understanding of network security technologies.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or a related field is required
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.