Position: Applications Architect
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are looking for an Applications Architect, who will provide scalable technical architecture solutions to business analysts and development teams. The Architect will be a subject matter expert in Salesforce platform, Salesforce Community, Enterprise Integrations and other tools that extend the product - knowing how to fully utilize the platform/ecosystem to create end-to-end functions for our business teams.
Responsibilities: What you will do
- Design complex technology solutions to business requirements/challenges leveraging the full ecosystem and technology innovation
- Responsible for owning and tracking technology architecture and design for small to large initiatives from initiation through post-launch.
- Partner and collaborate with business teams, business analysts and development teams to understand requirements, develop strategies to meet architecture/technology needs and provide technical design documents for implementation.
- Perform quick POC's on key challenging technologies while demonstrating pro's and con's between different options.
- Maintaining accountability for solution designs all the way to implementation by performing code reviews, coaching admins/development team, and documenting and evolving coding standards and best practices
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including discovery, analysis, requirements definition, solution design, configuration, testing, deployment and support
- Hands-on with all aspects of our technical CRM operations.
- Closely monitor proper testing, performance, system updates, releases and security requirements
- Communicating solution designs clearly in multiple formats (diagrams, documents, verbally)
- Must be agile and respond to quickly changing priorities.
Qualifications: Your background
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS or comparable technical degree.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with the Salesforce platform and mid to large scale, business transformation
- 3+ years of Salesforce Enterprise Architecture experience
- Experience with Service, Sales and Community Cloud
- Hands on experience with different database / storage technologies
- Experience with and working knowledge of various integration patterns, styles and technologies in the modern Enterprise – Pub Sub, req-resp, channel, hub and spoke/ESB, event driven, message routing, API gateway etc.
- Experience in Enterprise integration architecture design and patterns, Micro Services and Orchestration
- Experience with data integrity, data quality, data migration and data maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A highly analytical and inquisitive work style with keen attention to detail while possessing the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.