Tooling Manufacturing Engineer
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Trial, establish, and supply technical engineering support for new assembly equipment and tools
- Establishes and maintains the optimum production methods, standards, tooling and equipment for all assigned products and processes
- Promotes manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of tools and equipment, ergonomic application and safety awareness
- Collaborates with other business entities on application requests for tooling and equipment
- Coordinates the equipment requirements for implementation of new products and processes
- Collaborates with cross functional groups in Engineering and Materials in developing performing manufacturing design reviews, and processing design development and prototype builds
- Identifies and implements innovative methods of fixturing, moving, hoisting and controlling product during the assembly process
- Implements and applies engineering standards and procedures in compliance with plant practices and policies
- Analyzes and continuously evaluates improvements to assembly efficiency through observation, investigation and critical problem solving
- Identifies opportunities for cost and manpower reductions through assembly configuration and improvement
- Establishes best practice design solutions and relays information to tooling engineers
- Train, support and mentor Tooling Engineers
- Persuasively interfaces with plant personnel to accomplish timing, manpower and production goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 - 5 Years of Manufacturing Experience or Equivalent with a focus on engineering and production
- Ability to convert the requirements to concepts, create drawings with strong understanding of GD&T
- Expert level in at least one or more CAD soft wares ( solid works, AutoCAD, Catia, Creo)
- Good understanding of overall process of design concepts, prototypes, validation and spare parts.
The Location: This opportunity is based in Allentown, Pennsylvania