Mechanical Design Engineer – Interior/Exterior
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Initiate and develop design concepts to meet cost objectives, schedule, quality and feature requirements
- Designs and creates drawings and 3D CAD parts via solid and surface modeling
- Evaluates existing and new designs for compliance to internal and external standards
- Responsible for Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly and Design for Maintainability
- Interface with vendors and suppliers to anchor designs
- Cross-functional coordination with counterparts in other departments and/or suppliers to facilitate and meet project time plans
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience in Product Design Engineering
- Experience in transportation related industry preferred
- Experience in a major CAD system preferably CATIA V5/V6
- Working knowledge of using PDM systems
- Experience with design for plastic injection molded plastic components and/or Sheet Metal components; from design criteria to tooling characteristics
- Familiar with the use of quality tools such as FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
- Experience in full life cycle, from concept to prototype to full production
- Manufacturing process knowledge (injection molding, stamping, extrusion, casting, etc.)
The Location: This opportunity is based in San Francisco, CA, Greensboro, NC