Studio Design Engineer
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Identify and propose solutions for conflicts between feature requirements and technical feasibility
- Act as active link between Product Design and engineering activities
- Confirm with the project team that technical parameters are worked into the design
- To continually be aware, updated and educated in the latest engineering trends, system tools and tooling development processes
- Create and update design layouts, reference data according to engineering structures
- Support the development and construction of 3D models with respect to dimensional and technical constraints and model build in general
- Support studio work and insure correct technical and geometrical status toward physical models, mock-ups and ergonomic bucks
- Communicate Cab Engineering concepts, ideas and requests to the Product Design team for evaluation and feedback
- Communicate Product Design concepts, ideas and requests to the Cab Engineering team for evaluation and feedback
- Participate in all phases of product development process
- Represent Product Design as the department engineering authority in cross-functional teams
- Actively participate in all studio activities related to the project
- To project product designs interests when communicating with engineering and suppliers.
- Introduce new technical solutions
- Give technical specifications for designers
- Give technical specifications for technical surfacers
- Build a cooperating network between design and engineering.
- Create various technical specifications to direct design work (sketching, clay modelling and 3D data).
- BS in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years OR at least 10 years of equivalent automotive design experience
- Automotive interior experience a major plus
- Significant industry experience [10+ years] through all phases of product development process
- Proven ability to impact collaboration between design & engineering
- Proven experience in a studio environment
- Well-versed in materials sciences, tooling methods, and manufacturing processes
- Additional industry activities [consumer product, architecture etc.] a bonus
- Demonstrates a well-rounded background and expert proficiency using industry-standard technology and practice [Catia V5 minimum of 10,000 hrs.]
The Location: This opportunity is based in Greensboro, NC.