UX Front End Developer
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Ability to write custom code and integrate third party development
- Effectively evaluate and appropriately integrate development frameworks
- Strong understanding of relational and non‐relational database best practices
- Strong understanding of Object‐Oriented Programming concepts
- Strong understanding for programming design patterns
- Strong ability to develop API Architectures that are flexible and scalable
- Understand how to build across multiple platforms and devices
- Clear understanding of Adaptive and Responsive Design methodologies
- Able to layout application structure and how to present it to the user
- Understand how to guide users through complex tasks or complex information
- Able to present and interact with complex data
- Be able to evaluate an emerging trend to see if it is worth following or adopting
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, and solve user’s pain points
- Be able to document, evaluate, and design information architecture
- Strong understanding of how the interaction models affects the design
- Understand the importance of good Information Architecture and its impact on the build
- Know limitations and strengths of different devices
- HTML / CSS – web development skillset essential
- Database – relational and non‐relational database best practices
- Development Frameworks – common functionality and understanding limitations of them
- Preprocessing – increasing flexibility
- Version Control – tracking and controlling changes to source code
- Adaptive & Responsive Design – designing for multiple devices and touch points
- Testing / Debugging – ensuring software is functioning according to design
- Development Tools – testing within the end environment
- Build, Automation, & Performance – optimization of code and images to increase performance
- Command Line Coding – getting into the details when a GUI does provide what is needed
- Collaboration – working with multiple teams and people from across the company
- Communication – ability to get ideas across through public speaking and presentations
- UX Writing – documentation and clear writing for getting ideas across
- Interaction Design – understanding of how users will interact with your design [A short list of the most essential requirements such as degree, min. years of experience].
The Location: This opportunity is based in Greensboro, NC.