Field Test Engineer
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Plan, develop, and perform field tests according to formal internal and external standards, procedures and processes; document test data and results with accurate, appropriate documentation.
- Utilize data acquisition, computers and diagnostics equipment to execute tests, document the test results; process and analyze data and communicate results of these activities
- Document issues found during testing appropriately and work with the engineering organization to determine root cause, and assist with verification & validation of solutions
- Document final test results in Engineering Reports
- Work seamlessly with the other Product Validation engineers to ensure that the workload is covered at all times as required by the demands of the projects
- Keep the project teams aware of test progress activities from both technical and timing perspective.
- Conform to departmental processes and established methodologies
- Frequent domestic travel and occasional international travel (potentially Canada & Mexico) is expected. Supplier should provide means for consultant to easily charge travel expenses.
- BS Degree in engineering
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting skills for electrical and Powertrain systems. Strong diagnostic skills using diagnostic software (ex: Canalyzer, ATI Vision), digital multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
- Proficiency in working with MS Office Applications for reports and presentations
- Experience working with customers and dealers for heavy duty trucks
- Ability to drive or ride in heavy trucks in a rough environment and to completely inspect trucks in a shop environment.