XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits, and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer, and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Create innovative and professional automotive design in the form of ideation sketching and renders, from initial concept phase through to production
- Perform research and design exploration for new vehicle interiors and exteriors.
- Work closely with other teams for implementation of interior and exterior design for production vehicles as well as concept properties
- Stay current with latest trends in automotive interior and exterior design trends, as well as consumer electronics, product, fashion, architectural and related design fields
- Minimum 3 years in an automotive environment, experience in transportation design fields
- BS, BFA, MS or MFA in transportation design
- Passion for automotive design
- Knowledge of current automotive design trends and technology
- Forward, innovative thinking for future vehicles
- Good understanding of automotive materials and manufacturing processes
- Good understanding of production vehicle design practices, general vehicle development processes, timing, and product cycles
- Experience working in cross-departmental teams and balancing design intent with vehicle feasibility
- Experience interfacing with digital modelers
- Working in cross-functional teams
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Professional, motivated and pro-active working attitude
- Drive to get the work done sometimes working long hours
- Skilled in CAS 3D surface and 3D visualization programs: Alias, VRED, Keyshot or equivalent
The Location: This opportunity is based in Greensboro, NC.