Mechanical Design Engineer (Interior)
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Initiate and develop design concepts to meet cost objectives, schedule, quality, and feature requirements
- Design and create drawings and 3D CAD parts via solid and surface modeling
- Create 3D Models using 2D Drawings
- Evaluate existing and new designs for compliance with internal and external standards
- Responsible for Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly and Design for Maintainability
- Interface with vendors and suppliers to anchor designs
- Cross-functional coordination with counterparts in other departments and/or suppliers to facilitate and meet project time plans
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering & Design
- Experience in transportation-related industry preferred
- CATIA V5 or V6
- Plastic and sheet metal components design experience
- Manufacturing process knowledge (Seating System, Automotive Interior, Injection Molding Plastic, casting, etc.)
- Injection Molded Plastic Part, Vacuum Forming, Sheet Metal, GSD (Generative Shape Design), Surface Modelling, DFM (Design for Manufacturing), CATIA V5, CATIA V6, 3DExperience
The Location: This opportunity is based in San Francisco, CA