Software Release Engineer
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
Software Release Engineer
The Software Build & Release Team oversees and develops the processes, and tools used for building, configuring, and deploying the Business Solutions platform of software products. The candidate will have knowledge working in a Continuous Integration/Delivery environment using a wide variety of tools to deliver consistent, successful software builds. Demonstration of the ability to automate and improve processes that will affect efficiency and effectiveness for the software release lifecycle is essential.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Science, Information Technology, or equivalent related program or experience.
5 years of experience as a release engineer, build engineer, or software developer.
Required Technical Skills
• Knowledge of Configuration and Release Management best practices
• Knowledge in the phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience implementing and automating CI/CD Processes for software delivery
Desired Technical Skills
• Experience with Windows and the .NET Framework (C# and/or VB)
• Experience deploying JAVA Microservices
• Experience with build and deployment automation tools (such as TeamCity, Octopus, and Xebia XL)
• Experience working with source control management systems (specifically Team Foundation Server and Gitlab with Gitflow)
• Experience in one or more scripting languages (preferably PowerShell, Python, and Gradle)
• Experience with CloudFoundry and/or AWS
Desired Skill Set
• Ability to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Ability to multi-task both service-based and planned work assignments
• Ability to identify the root cause of process errors and provide recommendations and/or solutions for improvement
Knowledge of Agile development practices
• Be a positive team member and eventual leader that can proactively coordinate with developers and managers to enforce the release management process and enhance effectiveness and efficiency
• Experience working in a healthcare systems or other highly regulated environment