Mechanical Engineer (CATIA)-Chassis
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Develop and deliver front and/or rear suspension architectures from a blank page through to production
- Design with excellence at system and component level, with great attention to every detail
- Create and optimize mechanical designs for performance, size, weight, durability, and cost
- Work closely with both internal teams and external suppliers, using creativity and teamwork to integrate multiple systems in the most efficient way possible
- Work closely with stakeholders and attribute owners across the company (Vehicle Safety, Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, Durability, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Coordinate virtual engineering and physical validation testing activities for your designs
- Determine required tolerances using GD&T
- Manage multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience
- A proven track record of technical excellence in automotive chassis engineering
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- A flair for creative design engineering and problem-solving
- 5+ years of automotive industry experience
- Strong 3D CAD skills, proficient with CATIA V5/V6 or similar software
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly
- Experience in technology, system and supplier selection
- Project leadership and mentoring skills
- Design release engineering experience, including engineering change management and project management experience
- A sound understanding of various analysis tools e.g. ANSYS, OptiStruct, MatLab, ADAMS, SHARK
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as extrusion, casting, stamping etc.
- 10+ years of automotive (or relevant) engineering experience
- Proof of excellence in your past position, while demonstrating profound creativity in resolving mechanical design problems
The Location: This opportunity is based in San Francisco, CA