Product Marketing Manager (WeatherBug)
Product Marketing Manager
NY, NY | Product Management – WeatherBug
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
The product marketing manager will help shape the WeatherBug’s go to market strategies and establish a clear and consistent messaging across all WeatherBug properties. This hire will apply industry best practices and latest trends to shape WeatherBug’s organic growth strategies and how it expands across platforms and applications.
- Develop go-to-market plans, including market and competitive analysis, customer segmentation, product positioning, value proposition and messaging
- Collaborate with sales, customer support and product to manage release cycles for product release messaging and assets
- Implement SEO techniques to support with website launches, site migrations, ongoing site performance, and local/global brand discoverability
- Manage and optimize store assets and delivery for every release cycle (ASO)
- Work closely with business analyst, sales teams and product teams, create measurement and reporting frameworks that will be shared across the organization
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s and WeatherBug’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or an equivalent of 5+ years’ experience in Product Management or Digital Marketing with a solid track record of successful product growth and release management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think strategically.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and a strong team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at [email protected].
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.