Executive Research Assistant
Position: Executive Research Assistant
About WRI India
The World Resources Institute India (WRI India) is an Indian environmental organisation with experts and staff who work closely with leaders to turn big ideas into action to sustain a healthy environment – the foundation of economic opportunity and human well-being. WRI envisions an equitable and prosperous planet driven by the wise management of natural resources, and aspires to create a world where the actions of government, business, and communities combine to eliminate poverty and sustain the natural environment for all people.
WRI India carries out research based analysis on the environment and development and provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Through research, analysis, recommendations and technical advisory services, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India aims to help solve the four most urgent challenges in India – rapid urbanization, the increasing demand for energy, responding to climate change and the large-scale degradation of natural resources. Over 70 experts and staff across three office locations – Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi – deliver these ambitious goals. WRI India is supported by WRI’s international offices, to ensure that the global organization’s experience can be brought to bear within the context of India. WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, travel and reimbursements, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on work related topics, policy and regulatory frameworks to identify essential components necessary for successful sustainable energy planning.
- Assist in additional writing and editing of upcoming reports, tools and publications
- Assist in content development and organization of capacity and coalition building workshops, government round tables and group discussions, in WRI or partner led events
- Present findings of Project Research as required in written or at conferences and seminars, as necessary
- Assist in proposal writing as necessary. Continue to provide the technical rationale to build dialogue and engage with key stakeholders, experts and advisors to the project teams
- Manage and maintain executives' schedules.
- Make travel arrangements for executives. Maintain a well-organized, daily and long range electronic calendar for the Director, including external and internal meetings, speaking engagements, agendas, etc., including domestic and international travel itineraries
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Master’s Degree in urban planning, urban studies, environmental science, public policies,
- Experience with 2-4-year experience in research.
Final candidates will be required to take a writing test. Also required to produce two writing samples.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Position reports to:
Primary (Anchor) reporting to India Cities Director
Duration: Full-time regular
Location: Mumbai, India
Start date: As soon as possible
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.
Established in 1982, WRI is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization respected globally by policymakers, non-governmental organizations, and corporate leaders.
WRI’s reputation is grounded in its excellent analysis, non-partisan approach, and high-impact results. We measure our success based on how our work helps to create real-world change on the ground—and approach we call “Managing for Results.”
WRI’s work is united by and driven by our values: Innovation, Integrity, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI fosters a culture of innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. WRI employees are driven by the organization’s mission and have the satisfaction of helping to create a more prosperous and healthy planet.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.