Internship – Building Efficiency
Internship –WRI India
Position Type: Internship
WRI is a global research organization that spans more than 50 countries, with offices in the Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Turkey and the United States. Our more than 450 experts and staff work closely with leaders to turn big ideas into action to sustain our natural resources—the foundation of economic opportunity and human well-being.
WRI was recently voted the #1 Environmental Think Tank in the world and is consistently recommended by staff as one of the "most desired organizations to work for." In 2014, WRI was ranked one of the Top Workplaces by the Washington Post.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis.
Position Overview (Brief Overview of the Role)
The intern will support a project that is aimed at developing a roadmap for Zero Carbon Buildings (ZCBs) for 1 Indian city. Intern will assist the project lead in reviewing literature on passive design techniques, materials and construction technologies for net zero energy buildings (NZEBs) or ZCBs. Through this project the intern will develop an understanding of NZEBs/ZCBs, the framing of this concept as relevant to India and its feasibility in the current policy, regulatory and market conditions in India.
- Identifying key principles and strategies for net zero energy buildings in developing countries with tropical climates
- Literature review on passive design approaches, low carbon cooling, alternative materials and construction technologies for achieving zero carbon or net zero energy buildings for Indian climate
- Articulating policy and technology issues for the feasibility of ZCBs or NZEBs in India
Required Attributes and Credentials:
- Education- BArch/BTech Civil engineering, MSc environmental sciences, natural resources management
- Years of experience- 0-2 years
- Specific Knowledge required- Knowledge of building design, construction practices, building efficiency policy and regulations in India
- Competencies/ Abilities required- Research and writing experience a must
How to Apply :
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers (Select Region as India). All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only select applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Please attach the following documents:
- Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae of no more than 2 A4 sized pages detailing academic and relevant professional experience.
- A sample of research based writing that demonstrates analytical capabilities. This could be a paper or a dissertation chapter.