Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
WHAT IS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
Do you love to engineer customer delight? WP Engine is looking for a creative, experienced software engineer to help us build modern, engaging applications. The team will be working on creating the next-gen systems to get value-driven information to customers in ways that can really scale.
The project is early in its life-cycle, so this is a great opportunity to draw upon your experience and philosophies to create something clean and new! You and your team will rapidly deliver beautiful, performant, scalable applications while also enabling other engineers at the office—and eventually in the community—to do the same. Defining our standards and patterns will be a collaborative effort between engineering, design and architecture.
Join our diverse, rapidly growing team of engineers passionate about delivering usable experiences rapidly and iteratively. Help us accelerate the future into the present!
THE DAY TO DAY
- Work as part of a scrum team, delivering working software rapidly and iterating
- Help the team deliver an engaging front end that captures the hearts and minds of users
- Take collective ownership, along with the team, over our burgeoning React component library, enabling other feature teams to create consistent user experiences across our product suite
- Collaborate with UI/UX researchers and designers
- Help set and communicate engineering standards and best practices
- Perform continuous integration testing with appropriate methodologies and tools
- Deliver in continuous deployment environment
- Write documentation, train others
- Blow minds
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings
- Capable of excelling in, and fostering, a professional and inclusive global workplace
- Knowledge of responsive design implementation, MVVM / MVC framework concepts, standard service patterns
- Proficiency in various frameworks and libraries
- Familiarity with React, NodeJS and Typescript
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with agile and SCRUM
- Experience with multi-platform testing methodologies
- Bonus points for ES6, Redux or Flux, Ruby on Rails, Python, Django, Golang
Perks & Benefits
- Be yourself! Casual Dress code.
- Giving back! Company volunteer/fundraising activities.
- Free lunches, snacks & drinks,
- Market Competitive Compensation.
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- VHI Healthcare & Dental
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
To find out more information about WP Engine, please visit our Careers Page at wpengine.careers!