Senior Director of Data Science
The Senior Director of Data Science is responsible for directing the activities of the Data Science team in creating, analyzing, and synthesizing data from multiple sources to derive insight and solutions in growing revenue and increasing retention. The team is responsible for applying advanced analytical techniques and predictive modeling to provide actionable insight to the Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Education, and Revenue Operations teams.
Successful candidates for this role have prior experience in enhancing the customer experience for B2B SaaS companies, are entrepreneurial, hands-on, and have designed and partnered with cross functional teams to translate company needs into actionable solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee Data Science in the Chief Revenue Officer’s organization, specifically the Revenue Operations team.
- Partner with Customer Success to deliver insights and recommend solutions to support retention, reduce attrition, understand customer behavior, improve the customer experience, provide actionable insight based on the Voice of the Customer, CSAT, and NPS metrics.
- Build predictive models and leverage statistical algorithms to apply data science techniques to our internal data to address business issues and drive improved outcomes of KPIs.
- Deploy data products to sales and marketing to optimize operations and grow revenue.
- Develop predictive models and work with relevant operations teams to deploy and automate these data pipelines.
- Able to find a story in a data set and provide a coherent narrative about a key data insight, including how this impacts both customers and the business as a whole.
- Administer the Data Science roadmap based on priorities.
- Manage multiple projects, and oversee project completion from start to finish, setting goals and project milestones with stakeholders.
- Acquire and train talent to develop future managers and leaders.
- Manage team of data scientists, maximizing professional development, personal contribution, and performance of employees.
- Champion a data-driven culture and long-term business value creation through the development of data science capabilities.
- Work closely with customers, partners, and production teams to enhance WDesk, and to assist with troubleshooting complex problems.
- Drive the use of data science methods to generate and test hypotheses and performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems, opportunities and actions required.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement, and data-driven testing.
What You'll Need:
- 8 years required with data analytics in SaaS or relevant field
- Strong background in statistics and machine Learning (e.g. supervised/unsupervised learning, neural networks, bayesian inference, graph theory, time series, forecasting )) with experience with one or more machine learning or statistical modeling frameworks/languages (R, Python, Scala).
- Experience in a variety of SQL dialects, database types (e.g. relational, graph, key-value stores) , database concepts, dimensional modeling and database design.
- Experience with distributed systems technologies (like Hadoop or Spark) and processes (schema or read vs schema on write, data lake, streaming)
- Well versed in cloud tools from google (e.g. dataflow, datastore, bigquery) and Amazon (Redshift,S3, Kinesis, or Lambda functions)
- Production implementation experience.
- B2B or B2C and SaaS experience preferred
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math or related field required
- Up to 25% travel required