Senior Software Engineer
At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk. We work on problems that allow our users to spend more time with their families.
Senior Software Engineers in Product Development are responsible for leading software solutions development in a cloud-based environment on the latest technologies. They work in the context of an agile team, implementing customer and system user stories on a variety of platforms, technologies, and programming languages.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you can enjoy the perks of a fast paced, high tech organization at our headquarters, in Ames, Iowa. Our agile environment allows for a flexible environment with integrated work life. Workiva engineers love solving complex problems with autonomy and authority and are encouraged to stay on top of new technologies. Innovation is the key to our success; we do not get stuck in a rut! Being a customer driven environment, we have seamless daily and weekly releases. You can see your code in production in short order.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work within an agile development team (product, design, quality, engineering) to understand customer needs and define and implement technical solutions
- Leverage the latest web and server technologies (full-stack) to deliver products our customers are passionate about
- Develop solutions that are performant, scalable, fault tolerant, and sustainable
- Collaborate with other talented Engineers to master your craft
- Understand and apply both internal and external frameworks and components
- Seek continual improvement from yourself, the team, and the product
What We’re Looking For:
- Preferred 5 years experience in software development
- A passion for building robust, web-based applications
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Excellent problem-solving skills, great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- A team player to be a part of an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Communication skills to clearly articulate and evangelize decisions
- Self-motivation and a strong desire to make an impact at Workiva
- Critical feedback skills (giving/receiving) that help level up team execution
- A tenacious attitude towards driving results and obtaining unknown information
- Drive for continuous self-improvement and learning
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud technologies
- Experience using Dart and Go languages
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience with Docker or other container systems
Where You’ll Work:
We're a fun, smart group that likes to celebrate our successes. We have been honored with numerous awards such as ‘2017 Most Innovative Company of the Year’ and ‘One of the Best Places to Work in IT’.
- Check out our Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva
- Check out our Tech Blog: https://techblog.workiva.com/