Senior Product Marketing Manager
The primary responsibility of the Product Marketing Manager is to create and refine the company’s narrative to advance the Workiva vision, drive awareness, create pipelines and accelerate sales cycles. This person will support solution development and solution launch in the same context, develop multi-faceted customer advocacy, and identify key industry and internal influencers. Cross functional team collaboration is necessary including the following areas: Solutions Management, Product Management, Customer Success, and Sales. The role has impact and influence over the prioritization and direction for future growth.
What You'll Do:
- Take the well defined Workiva value drivers and connect them to a larger story at very discrete levels including: messaging, content development, sales enablement, positioning, collateral, digital marketing, customer advocacy.
- Create an integrated messaging strategy to support the solution area and ensure that execution of the strategic plan is consistent against the narrative.
- Help support and focus sales efforts to ensure the achievement of revenue and profit goals for specific solutions.
- Develop assets and tools that help sales create more opportunities
- Drive completely prospect experience across all demand generation activity
- Identify key early stage inquiries required to push deals deeper into the pipeline and oversee the development of assets that address those inquiries.
- Manage solution area track of the annual Workiva User conference to ensure the solution narrative is clearly articulated.
- Work with field readiness to activate key sales tools.
- Work with solution owners to understand key functional, ecosystem, and operational requirements to better serve the targeted market and ensure all are reflected in the integrated marketing plan, product packaging and messaging.
- Assist solution owners in identification and articulation of key product features required to advance GTM execution.
- Develop media strategy to push narrative across the marketplace.
- Work with customer equity to extend reference program.
- Identify methods for driving opportunities from partner and event investments.
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of experience in roles that relate to product marketing, including product management, marketing, inside sales, sales
- 2-3 years previous experience in a B2B SaaS company
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, business, or similar area of study preferred
- Prior experience working with and supporting a Sales team preferred
- High comfort level working in a technology environment; experience in the technology sector preferred
- Successful track record of building marketing and sales programs for ongoing revenue streams
- Passion for creating new and creative ways to communicate a solution into the marketplace.
- Ability to take big sweeping complex ideas and make them easy to understand.
- Ability to connect the value story from the idea all the way down to the most discrete aspects of the sales cycle.
- Understanding of lead generation, inside sales and pipeline development.
- A clear perspective on how media can be used to advance awareness, drive pipeline and close business.
- Top notch team player who thrives from working in and across varying teams.
- Ability to uncover the hidden yet very real impact that a product or service has on those using it.
- A relentless thirst for understanding the nuance of your marketplace (especially the individual people that you seek to sell to).
- Ability to win the hearts and minds of customers when you work directly with them
- Be a champion of strategy and work tirelessly to drive consensus
- Operate in the discomfort of the unknown or yet to be discovered.
- A confident, comfortable, and engaging presenter
- Ability to work cross functionally at every level
- Comfortable working with the metrics and analytics that drive decision making
- Understanding of B2B sales channels
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Work-life Balance
- Health & Wellness
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/