Site Reliability Engineer
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Workiva’s EMEA Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for experienced software developers who wish to expand their background to Site Reliability Engineering. As a member of our Site Reliability Engineering team you would work to increase and maintain our SaaS product’s availability, focusing on exceeding our customers uptime requirements. In order to achieve the greatest availability possible, Site Reliability Engineers develop tools, systems and automation to help monitor, measure, manage and make transparent, our cloud-based operations.
- Work closely with product teams to fully understand and resolve issues, concerns, and problems that might otherwise impede the delivery of high quality solutions
- Think holistically about changes and issues. Recognizes the implications of work that addresses the needs and concerns of the entire Workiva customer base
- Create innovative solutions that have positive, long-term results
- Participate in our follow the sun on-call rotations in European business hours in support of all of Workiva’s SaaS hosted environments
- Maintain and improve the reliability and operability of all infrastructure and infrastructure management services
- Write tools and leverage open source to automate tasks with an emphasis on safety and repeatability
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance and reliability issues across the stack
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure services are designed to be cloud-native, scalable, and easily operated
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Google App Engine and/or Google Compute Engine
- Experience with software development methods
- Experience managing, maintaining and operating system management tools such as logging, alerting, and performance.
- Equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
Additional Bonus Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Apache, Nginx, and/or MySQL
- Knowledge of Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with Shell & Python scripting
- Experience with systems performance tuning and load testing
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field is preferred
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Vacation time off (PTO) Total PTO is comprised of 20 days of Statutory PTO and 5 days of Supplemental PTO per year.
- Volunteer time off (VTO) All regular full-time Workiva employees received eight hours of VTO to use each calendar year. VTO can be used for time spent volunteering for community events and activities that take place during the normal work day. VTO does not carry over from year to year and will not be paid out if unused. VTO must be requested and recorded in the company's timekeeping system.
- Paid Health Insurance Workiva covers 100% towards costs for Basic Insurance & Dental Plans, as well as 50% coverage for dependents
- Workiva Restricted Stock Unit (RSU) Grants Workiva provides RSUs to all regular full-time employees upon employment.
- Gym Membership Benefit Employees can enroll in a gym membership program that allows employees to pay for the cost of fitness with pre-tax and payroll deducted funds.
- Pension Workiva offers an industry competitive Netherlands based pension plan.