Senior Software Engineer
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including 70% of the top 500 companies by revenue. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you can enjoy the perks of a fast paced, high tech organization in gorgeous Bozeman, Montana. Our agile environment allows for a flexible environment with integrated work life. Engineers love solving complex problems with autonomy and authority and are encouraged to stay on top of new technologies. Innovation is the key to our success; we do not get stuck in a rut! Being a customer driven environment, we have seamless daily and weekly releases. You can see your code in production in short order.
As a Senior Engineer, Workiva offers a large enterprise software environment that is geographically dispersed between 9 US office and 2 in Canada. This offers us not only diversity of thought, but also the ability to release several times a day.
This front-end role is not building front-end features; it is building front-end capabilities on a complex enterprise SaaS solution.
What You’ll Do:
- Write cutting edge client code using web technologies.
- Work on the front end of a single page app client platform exposing the functionality of a graph backend to an array of apps.
- Deploy quickly to production
- Work on an agile development team
- Work with other engineers, designers, and test engineers to bring prototypes to life
What You’ll Need:
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- A passion for coding and building complex web applications
- A passion and excitement for mentoring and developing junior engineers
- Proficient in numerous front-end languages; expertise as a front-end engineer
- Fluent with HTML5 web technologies and frameworks (eg. React or Angular or others)
- 5+ Years experience in a software engineering role
- Excellent problem-solving skills, great attention to details
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Ability to scale solutions
- Experience using Dart and/or React
- Experience with Graph Databases
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience with Docker or other container systems
Where You'll Work