Senior Software Engineer
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all-in-one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
This Software Engineer position joins a team building services and features for Workiva’s SOX and Audit solutions. We expect upcoming work to improve performance, user efficiency, and user experience in the application. We also will gradually build out the platform for leverage on other teams. Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers to re-prioritize work accordingly in an Agile development process. We’re committed to solving real customer problems and use this feedback loop to ensure we’re delighting them with our solutions.
The team mostly works on the frontend, which is a single-page application leveraging Dart, HTML5, and CSS. The backend services are in Python, Java, and Kotlin, and deployed in a Cloud environment using Kubernetes and Amazon AWS.
Workiva wants every team and individual to have autonomy and ownership over their team’s deployment, production monitoring, and architecture. We facilitate this by helping individuals grow over time in expertise and with opportunities to lead. Since engineers collaborate with the rest of Workiva’s teams to build a cohesive product, leadership and communication skills lead to growth and opportunity here. Senior engineers also help develop and mentor less experienced engineers.
What You’ll Need:
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- 5+ Years experience in a software engineering role
- Ability to work in any part of the stack -- from very rich, highly complex H5 applications to scalable distributed systems
- A passion for building user-friendly web applications
- Experience with HTML5 web technologies and frameworks (e.g. React)
- Excellent problem-solving skills; great attention to details
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems, ask good questions, and contribute to thoughtful solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Ability to scale solutions
Below are some of the technologies we use - if you know any of these we definitely want to talk with you. If you want to learn any of these we definitely want to talk with you, too!
- Our backend technologies (Java, Kotlin, Python, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience with Graph Databases
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform technologies
Where You'll Work