Presales Solution Engineer - Public Sector
Delivering an exceptional customer experience requires that we first seek to understand our customers, their business challenges and goals, then clearly communicate how Workiva’s platform and technologies can help. This position serves as the technical and solution expert within the Sales team to assist in mapping a customer’s needs to our application across multiple domain areas.
Working as part of our high performance sales organization, the Pre-Sales Solution Engineer will work alongside Regional Sales Directors to do discovery with customers, understand their business processes, identify areas where Workiva’s technologies can help and provide software demonstrations tailored to their needs across a variety of solution areas related to compliance and financial reporting for public sector entities including state & local government and public higher education.
If you have an aptitude for learning technology, and you get excited about working with customers and prospects to show them how innovative cloud technologies can transform their business, then this is the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Become an Expert - Build technical and application expertise of Workiva’s innovative cloud-technology platform and the domain areas our customers adopt it to successfully reinvent their business processes.
- Work as a Team - Work with Regional Sales Directors as a pre-sales resource to engage customers and prospects via web or onsite meetings, drive the discovery process and identify areas where we can align Workiva solutions to address customer/prospect needs.
- Design Solutions – Using your problem solving skills, technology expertise and needs analysis, you will design an approach or business solution to meet the customer's goals and objectives.
- Solution Demos - Develop and deliver compelling presentations of Workiva’s technology platform to customers using standard or customized software demonstrations to provide proof of our technology’s impact and compelling value proposition.
- Build Business Cases – Work with sales to build and present business cases and proposals for customers and prospects that articulate Workiva’s value and ROI.
- Ensure Customer Success – Work with Workiva Client Services and Customer Success to ensure smooth onboarding of customers and their long term success with our SAAS platform.
- Drive Innovation – Keep up on Workiva technology innovations as well as customer requirements to provide feedback loop on customer and market needs to our Product Management and Development groups.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in professional services, consulting, advisory, software sales and/or software demonstration required
- 2+ years’ experience working for a public entity (state & local government or public higher education) or in a consultant, advisory or sales capacity for a public entity required
- Experience with complex government reporting including the Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR), Single Audit, Budget Book and other reports produced by a public entity strongly preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to learn and apply technologies to address business challenges. Knowledge of process improvement or process reengineering concepts a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Technology preferred
- Strong understanding of office productivity suites including MS Office, Google Docs, Sharepoint and others.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to be a self-starter while being able to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Up to 70% travel to meet new and existing customers, internal trainings and attend industry conferences
- Remote candidates will ideally be based near a major hub airport