Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all-in-one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
This Software Engineer position joins a team building services and features for Workiva’s SOX and Audit solutions. We expect upcoming work to improve performance, user efficiency, and user experience in the application. We also will gradually build out the platform for leverage on other teams. Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers to re-prioritize work accordingly in an Agile development process. We’re committed to solving real customer problems and use this feedback loop to ensure we’re delighting them with our solutions.
The team mostly works on the frontend, which is a single-page application leveraging Dart, HTML5, and CSS. The backend services are in Python, Java, and Kotlin, and deployed in a Cloud environment using Kubernetes and Amazon AWS.
Workiva wants every team and individual to have autonomy and ownership over their team’s deployment, production monitoring, and architecture. We facilitate this by helping individuals grow over time in expertise and with opportunities to lead. Since engineers collaborate with the rest of Workiva’s teams to build a cohesive product, leadership and communication skills lead to growth and opportunity here.
What You’ll Need
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- Experience with Git/GitHub or other distributed VCS
- Excellent problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems, ask good questions, and contribute to thoughtful solutions
- Ability to scale solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Our backend technologies (Java, Kotlin, Python, Docker, Kubernetes)
- AWS or Google Cloud Platform technologies
- Experience writing code that works across all platforms and browsers